November 27, 2009

A sparrow named Allegra


Last Sunday morning I looked out of my window to feel the fresh air hit my heart. The sun was shining high. The rays straight on my eyes, made me blind for a moment. The giggling sound of children, riding their bicycles ringing the bells, all tells one thing they are enjoying the Sunday morning which reminds me of my childhood. Right outside my window I can see a huge mango tree with lots of birds and their nests. The Chirping of the birds are heard from all directions, singing in chorus.

Allegra is beautiful, lovely and has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. I first saw her a few months ago, a Sunday like this. I still remember her voice like a sweet sound humming in my ear. She was alone and helpless, I saw it in her eyes. I took her home feed her gave her a shelter, took care of her. She became part of my life. She sings for me and delights my lamentable soul.

Life feels good when you have someone to love, a reason to live. I felt this feeling first when I was 4 years old. She was my first friend she also sings well like Allegra but one day she flew away from my life. Love is like a wind; its chills our heart makes us fly in the sky and touch the clouds. Like a feather floating in gale.

Out in the window I see so many birds some flying, some singing some enjoying their Sunday morning in their nest. Different feathers, different voices, different nests. Life is different for everyone; some speak the language some don’t understand. Inside my mind I knew we all are just as same as them. Some strive to fly, some proving the world their whole life what they are worth, some spending all their life to built their nest. Yet no one understands each other. I finally have a nest of my own and a bird to live with me. I ajar the window to let the light enter the room. The ray of light was targeting the lady on the bed. Like a reflex Allegra moved her head and slightly opened her eyes; she gave a smile before she stretched her hands and yawned.

“Good morning, rise and shine” I said. What’s the time she muttered still lying on the bed. Just 8 I replied and passed her the mug of coffee. She smiled and kissed me before she took the mug. I feel fulfilled in life when I see Allegra. I smiled and looked at her eyes on end. Before I got up from the bed, I gave a fleeting look at the tattoo of the sparrow at the side of her neck. The sparrow I call Allegra.

4 comments:

LingoSlinger said...

I read and re-read this piece. I like the analogy you made with flying and love. How it can slip away from you like the wind, or make you fly high and touch the clouds.

Some deep thought here in this piece.

Really beautiful :)

Juandy said...

Hi there.... What a nice blog you have...

I would suggest you to turn comments in your blog to DoFollow

Because this way people will love to visit your blog and leave you comments, so that your blog is becoming well known and loved by people...

You can learn more about DoFollow here...

http://www.blogcatalog.com/group/dofollow-blogs

Hope you can join the Movement...

Simon said...

Nice one.

Liz Lebron said...

Love It!!!!!!! Very Beautifull Blog!

 
BlogBlogs.Com.Br